Saturday, July 25, 2026

Once we were the beautiful people.


 


Damn. Yeah, looking backwards will always make you feel old.

The story of this picture: It was my ex-girlfriend, and still friend, Cindy's wedding reception. The beautiful girl next to me (and my spoonful of....something) is my revenge plus one,- the gorgeous, knockout you bring to your ex's wedding. Of course, by then, she was realized as my soulmate; the ethereal Laurie. Rob Ryan, who would eventually be my best man at Laurie and my wedding wears inexplicable pink sunglasses. It was 1986 or 1987. We were all young. We would never grow old. Nothing boring or stupid would ever happen to us. The world had great potential and was just getting started. Well, that was not the case. Now I resemble a grey big toe with glasses and I bitterly review my younger years with outrage that I didn't travel more, I didn't make more films or even money. However, I did get to live these days with good friends and someone wonderful to love. I am a rich man.

No comments:

Post a Comment