Friday, July 8, 2011

Ghost on the canvas and mounting pressure to do something other than complain.



Geoff Dunlap is coming out wrong. He looks like Christopher Walken portraying Dracula. If I could do one thing, all the time it would be paint, but like most things I can not commit to it because every day life gets in the way. Making a living. Kids. Mowing my shabby lawn. I'm really not a very good painter; my style is common and cartoony, almost sloppy. I make continuous mistakes that I only half repair. In short I suck but I enjoy it and occasionally feel partially pleased with an outcome, more often I am fully embarrassed but unwilling to burn the offending canvas.

Things are stressful because I am working on some paintings for a friend's restaurant in Boston, and I have agreed to help teach a TV production workshop in Singapore, so it will be necessary to actually prepare and finish some projects in a timely manner as well as prepare lessons.

1 comment:

  1. People often say they are their own worst critic. You however, are spot on. This sketch does look like like Christopher Walken portraying Dracula. But then again so does Geoff. So again you are spot on. You're a very good painter so paint my man.

    ReplyDelete