Friday, October 28, 2011

I hate Halloween


This is the last time Tom had fun on Halloween; he was three.

I really have a hard time trying to make Halloween special for Tom. I always thought I would be good at this but I am not. I really try but costumes are hard. I once made a really cool (or I thought so any way,) costume for Ned- a "Scarebucks" coffee cup and he hated it so much it traumatized him for life, probably me as well. The whole cute-child-in-costume-begging-at-strangers-house-that-is-decorated-like-a-slaughterhouse-thing is sort of weird too.

Tom was a half hearted Ninja this year- a red hoodie sewn to look like a mask with a fire symbol of some kind (I made it up) painted on his chest. He was fine with it- I thought he looked like a refugee in a really lame costume gaming the system for free candy. Hey I guess he was....

No comments:

Post a Comment