Friday, September 14, 2012

Starting a new painting.

I haven't been painting for the last couple of months and have started a new painting. (this is NOT it)  It's hard to start again. I get very afraid to commit to it, so spend several days doing sloppy backgrounds or roughing in areas and purposely not doing anything important. This is the worst part of it, where you get great ideas but you have zero confidence that they are achievable. I wish it were as simple as running up to the studio and painting for 20 minutes at a time and shazam COOL ART THINGIE!!!!,  but it's not. Sometimes that's all I can do, 20 minutes because that's the time I have, because dinner needs to be made or the lawn mowed or Tom wants to play badminton (his present passion).

First world problem.  More embassies are burning today. I have a bad feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment