Thursday, July 29, 2010

I dislike "Live Events" because they fail often.


Looking like an idiot in front of 250 people always sucks. Let me say this: I really try to avoid doing audio for live events, anything with a PA system or Video Conference feed or phone patch hook ups. I have not had good luck and it really isn't something I am interested in, or good at. I did one today as a favor for both John and Rick. It was generally okay and when it is happening it isn't much of a chore. True to the Mayan predictions of audio apocalypse, at one point a wireless mic died on the CFO of the company who's quarterly meeting were filming for web cast. Jim began his performance art presenation of running up to the stage and fumbling with mics and batteries until once again happiness and balance was restored to planet webcast. At worst it was 60 seconds of panic and 60 seconds of repair. Life continued after. I hate that two minutes so much that I will turn down work to avoid it.

I drink too much coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment