Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Unlove of the Go-Kart


The most productive hours of the day were spent pursuing the dream of an electric go-kart. Scavenging the remains of the bike Tom refuses to learn to ride and the dessicated remains of a jogging stroller and splicing it, frankenstein like to the 2HP electric motor of a shopping cart mover proved too much for me, I have fallen back on the idea of motorizing the classic go-kart. When it is finished it will either move slowly, if at all or it will burn rubber and leave a trail of dead.

The sad part is that whatever I do will be instantly forgotten, with the next novelty. The kids seem only begrudgingly interested. I should probably stop trying to recreate my childhood desires and just go buy them a six pack of beer and some cigarettes and Playboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment