Friday, July 30, 2010

Microsoft Home of the Future and more people with their Head in Bags


I was an AC for a Microsoft shoot today. I am not by training or temperament an A.C., Assistant Camera people are usually very cool and interesting people. I am slow and dim witted, but have through years of study and exposure picked up just the bare minimum of skills to help me assist those in need of assistance. Aside from the Chinese puzzle box of the Arri 19mm Matte box it was a fine shoot. We shot in the "House of the Future" : a self consciously high tech carnival exhibit located in the Microsoft executive meeting center (Building 33 on the MSFT campus, near where I attended keggers in high school when the campus was a barren vacant lot.) They have items so high tech, designed to make easy tasks easier for people who are lazy: a counter top that will read your prescription bottle for you and tell you how many to take- for $25,000.00 I can read the label myself. They have a $ 10,000.00 internet connected bulletin board that will tell you when you can save $1 on pizza. If you bought one pizza a day, it would pay for itself in 27 years.

Producers Kathy and Janet are not Somali housewives hiding in a two headed shador. They are honoring the tradition of head bagging with the 9" monitor in the sun, shielded by Warren, the human c-stand and his foam core.

No comments:

Post a Comment